By planning for retirement now, you can more easily put practices into place that allow you to work backward to achieve those goals. We tell our clients that there is no one “right” way to plan for retirement, but having a plan is essential.
We help our clients prepare for retirement by discussing the gamut of options. From transitioning ownership to a younger associate or partner to selling (or merging) your practice, we will explore the best options for you given your professional, personal, and financial goals.
What’s Included in Our Engagement:
- Creating Your Custom Retirement Plan
- Through a series of virtual meetings and telephone interviews, we will create a retirement plan unique to your firm. The plan will include establishing your timeline, setting priorities, and creating a list of action items to help you stay on track.
- When appropriate, we will connect you with vetted and trusted advisors to assist with additional components of the plans.
- Coach on Call
- Throughout the course of our engagement, you will have access to a succession planning coach for one-on-one sessions to ask all of your retirement-related questions.
To prepare for our meeting, here are some questions to consider:
- What are your growth goals?
- Do you have a plan for how long you want to practice, run the business operations of your firm, or start your next adventure?
- Are you able to hire the right talent for your firm? Do you have retention plans to keep top talent in place?
- Do you hope to sell your practice? What are your financial needs?
- Have you hired a new generation of lawyers? Do you need to? Do you want to?